We’re stealing this idea from an Instagram post. It feels like a fun thing we could write and maybe share with others (meaning people we know in real life?)
- We all have our own emotions about stuff. One of us could love something, but another could hate it at the same time. Like music, we all have our own tastes. Some of us can listen to whatever, but there is some music only some of us like. Sometimes it’s hard to compromise on things, some of us can be really loud!
- I know what I look like in my head, and it’s not what our body looks like. It can cause a lot of confusion and makes shopping for clothes a real bitch.
- Kid parts are actual kids. Yeah, they may be in the body of an adult but you try telling a 4 year old they can’t get a toy because it will embarrass you. It’s not easy.
- We all have names, and you’re welcome to learn them. If you want to learn about us individually go for it, we tend to be a bit of an open book. (Please talk to us omg)
- We can have fights about stuff that doesn’t even happen in the real world. It’s weird fighting with yourself.
- Yes I talk to myself. All the time. If you could hear what goes on in my brain you’d probably want it to stop after about ten seconds of hearing the same song play while someone tells you about why that guy is probably a jerk.
- We can see each other in our mind, like we have an entire town? thing there. It’s really fun actually. You can dance with out having anyone see.
- We’ve been together for so long, it would be like being friends with the same people since you were a kid. We’re family.
- If any of us are quiet for longer than maybe 20 minutes then the person fronting freaks out. It’s legit scary to go from near constant noise to nothing.
- We’re people, and we just want to be treated with respect like any other person. That doesn’t mean people have to go out of their way to cater to us, but treat us with dignity and not as a social experience.
- Alter/Personality isn’t always what systems call their parts. It can be dehumanizing.
- Remember, we all went though the abuse, not just one of us.
- We’re all the same person we present as, that will never change, but we have our own personal lives too.
Thanks for reading guys! I should do a more system to system one of these another time too.
So this week has been kind of a nightmare. We haven’t felt this bad in a long time, but we’re keeping our hopes up because of some good news!
We’re getting a bird!
We love birds, and almost all exotic pets. Birds are especially close to our hearts.
We’re adopting, and are going to be meeting the birds on May 1st. we have three in mind, but everyone has already chosen their favorite of course.
We’re adopting a cockatiel, and have done a ton of research.
Do you all have pets ? Or do you have favorite animals?
Sorry this is short!
I was going to post another one like last week, but enough stuff has been going on that I can make a post with out a prompt.
I think our last post was “Kid-uation” where Elijah explains what’s been going on with the kiddos and us in general.
Adam and I (Cloud) have been fronting again, I think we’re finally just ready to do it. We’re still having problems, but we’ve been handling it okay so far.
Two more kids have shown up. Both of them are as bad as the last boy who joined Ken’s family. One is paralyzed from the waist down and one is blind. I don’t know if that’s a normal thing to have disabled alters, but we have them.
The blind kid is attached to me, and the other kiddo is attached to Adam. They are very sweet.
We built a area for people to front and have fun with the kids with all of them around. We haven’t used it yet but I feel like it could come in handy.
Do any of you have disabled alters?
We have been pretty busy these past three days, but the hardest part of the week is over!
Thanks all – Cloud
This past week has been long and terrible. Our flashbacks have become a near constant thing that just hangs out in the back of our mind and drags us in at the worst time. Everything has been a trigger, even music we’ve worked on being able to enjoy again.
With the advice of my mother and my therapist, I went back to my normal dose of one medication (I can’t of the other since the prescription I got is of the higher dose) this seems to have helped the awful grogginess.
Kenny seems to be getting the worst of the flashbacks, but Ren, Roo, and Cloud have also been getting them. Us protectors have been working very hard on keeping everyone safe and stable.
Mellow had his first time fronting while we slept. We then found out a major trigger for him. Which is good to know!
This week hasn’t been all bad, in my mind no weeks we spend lately can be called ‘all bad’ we’ve had some really tough weeks in the past.
It snowed something awful yesterday! If you follow my twitter you may have already seen these pictures, but this snow is crazy for march!
That last one is how high the snow was when we tried to get into our car (a Honda Civic). That actually has some snow pushed away too. We couldn’t close the door and had to shovel the snow out so we could.
(We went out because we had to pick up some prescriptions)
The car got stuck coming back into the driveway, and I (well, Kenny) had to push it out. We’re good at pushing cars because we grew up on a junk yard pushing them. It was weird to do after so long though!
I have a question for everyone, do you ever feel like you forget how to do things (even simple ones). Your body still knows, but your brain is just really confused. We’ve been having that lately and it’s different.